The low-fat hake fillets are an excellent source of protein, and we’re piling on the vitamins and nutrients while keeping things low-calorie by adding in tomatoes, spinach and beans.
What’s more, you can make this dish in under 25 minutes, and it can be really easily pulled together.
1 small-medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 Prime hake fillets
1 tsp smoked paprika
200g chopped tomatoes (tinned or fresh)
Pinch of chilli flakes (to taste)
400g tin of cannellini beans (drained & rinsed)
1. Wash and drain the spinach leaves and set aside.
2. Preheat your grill to high for the hake.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large frying pan before adding the onion and garlic, and fry for 5 minutes over a medium heat. Add ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika, chilli flakes and the chopped tomatoes to the frying pan. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Line a baking tray with foil, spread a little oil over it and place the fish on top skin side down. Season, sprinkle over the remaining smoked paprika and drizzle with a little more oil before grilling for 5-7 minutes.
5. Add the cannellini beans and spinach to the onion and tomato mix and heat it through gently, then season to taste. You can add in a little sugar or honey at this point if you like a sweeter sauce.
6. Spoon the vegetable mixture onto plates, then place the fish on top and drizzle over any juices from the tray and serve.